The Musée d’art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul (MACBSP) is designated as the organization that manages the event entitled International Symposium of Contemporary Art of Baie-Saint-Paul.
The Symposium is open to professional visual and media artists.
The selection comittee will choose the participants based on the quality of the projects and their relevance to the theme of the symposium. Files deemed incomplete will not be retained for consideration.
Thirteen artists will be selected on the following basis : Seven artists originating from the province of Québec, one of whom is from the Montmorency Charlevoix-Côte-Nord federal district, three Canadian artists, and three international artists. All projects are to be analyzed and selected by the committee.
The MACBSP agrees to:
- pay the amount of $4 500 CAD to cover the costs of the materials and copyright fee for the use of the artwork for promotional purposes (in two (2) separate payments);
- provide lodging;
- pay for round-trip transportation between the residence of the Artist and Baie-Saint-Paul;
- provide studio space on the site of the Symposium.
The ARTIST agrees to:
- be present at the site five (5) days a week, Wednesday to Sunday, from 12 noon to 5PM, for the entire duration of the Symposium;
- create a work on site and to finish it by the conclusion of the Symposium;
- interact and converse with the visitors;
- participate in parallel activities;
- present his or her work at the "Encounters with the artist";
- provide one’s own transportation during the stay in Baie-Saint-Paul and St-Irénée.
View of the spaces:
Sandra Lavoie : 418-435-3681
**In respect of indigenous traditions, the MACBSP offers the possibility to the First Nations artists to submit their project for the 2024 Symposium orally. Apart from the general informations secion, the candidates may join an audio document for the sectionns «Equipment recquired», «Artistic approach» and «Visible aspects of the project». The other sections must be filled as indicated.